A fantastic day

Let me tell you why today was fantastic. First of all, I woke up before my alarm, even though I had only gone to bed 5 hours earlier. 2nd, when we got to the church to help clean, someone else had started the bathrooms, so all we had to do was the windows. Then I came home and finished my Windows XP class, there's 25 hours of my life I can never have back - but hey, free laptop. Then I got my nails done, did a little grocery shopping, picked up my favorite Cafe Rio salad for dinner and came home to watch a movie. Funny movie, by the way - Fun with Dick and Jane. Yes, I am a little behind, but well, it's how I work.
Then tonight, we went bowling and people actually showed up. I was a little worried that they wouldn't and that it would just be me and VeAnn pretending to have a birthday party, but they did. It was fun. Captain Ron, as we call him, who runs the bowling alley we frequent gave me a free mug shaped like a bowling pin and a free pass to come back to Cosmic bowling (and a hug, is that legal to hug the patrons?). Then we all came back and my fantastic roommates had the house decorated and made cake and had treats and it was just fun. I may be a simple girl, but I would be content if all birthdays were like today, and technically, I'm not 28 for like 5 more hours.....

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum