This morning I was able to attend the sealing of my cousin and his wife. I LOVE the concept of eternal families. It just makes sense to me. It was a fantastic time to be with my family.

Tonight I went to my 10 year class reunion. It was actually a lot better than I expected. It was fun to see who had changed and who looked the exact same. There were a lot of both. Only about 3 people I really had to think about before I knew who they were. I happen to look a lot the same. Not exactly, but a lot. In a class of 116 people who have been together since 6th grade, it’s hard not to know most of them. I enjoyed the fact that we all seem to have grown up enough to know that who we were in high school does not make us who we are today. I must admit, walking into the pavilion, every insecurity I had in high school did come flooding back over me, but fortunately I think I have grown up a little, too, and I didn’t let them stay long. I talked to some people tonight more than I did in the 10 years I went to school with them. There is some affirmation in seeing the boy you dated has gotten chubby, and the boy you had a crush on for years isn’t nearly as cute as he used to be. And that THE boy (you know who I am talking about) is now bald :) I could tell you that the prom queen and cheerleaders were old and saggy too, but that would be a lie. They just look a little older, and a little more tired from chasing the kids around.
Anyway, I had a good time. It was good to meet everyone’s wives/husbands/kids and just see where life is taking everyone. Good times… Good times.

1 comments:

    On 11:10 PM, August 07, 2006 Anonymous said...

    I missed my 10 year, but I hope they do a 15 year reunion, year-after-next.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum