Corn Dogs

If I could magically learn to play any instrument in the world, it would have to be the mandolin. However, I went to a concert with some friends last night and now the banjo and violin are now nearing the top of the list. The concert was Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band. If you like bluegrass, check him out. (Shupe.net)The band is a lot of fun, and they are a great story of a local band making it big. I have been watching them since they started about 10 years ago at little gigs in Logan and it was awesome to see them now after they are actually nationally recognized. I don't know that they are HUGE, but they are on the radio and CMT and stuff, so they are certainly in a different place than when I first saw them. And even though they think they are big time, they still played my FAVORITE Shupe song... yes, The Corn Dog Song! I'll be singing it in my head for a week :) Anyway, it was great fun. I am such a groupie that I had to stay after and have them sign my CD. Seriously, I am almost 28 years old, you would think I would get over it.

After the concert Chris came over with "Firewall." OK flick. Not my new favorite, but worth watching.

Overall a good Saturday... of course, how bad can a Saturday be when you don't get out of bed until after 2 pm? It was a long week. I was actually awake for hours before I finally moved; I just couldn't seem to find anything worth actually getting up for.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum