+2.3 - 4.8 =-10= -32 total

Thursday and Friday, I finally got a couple of things done. I broke into my storage shed so I could replace the lock with one we actually have a key for. I also finally got to the post office and the bank, and the grocery store, and we worked on the bathroom a little more. Still no water, but the caulking is done and all the pipes are in the right place, one of them is just a little too long. I swear this is turning into the never ending project. My kitchen is also turning into a reoccuring nightmare. It's not so much the kitchen itself as the insurance company not feeling like they should have to cover it, even though that's why I pay them. Anyway, so the second claim has been filed and we'll see if this one gets any further than the first.

Friday night I went up to the institute for the kick off of their "Education Conference." I had a lovely meal with my friends and then there was a concert with a couple of local performers. The first girl is actually in my last ward. The second act was a group called Interstate Eye... maybe it's Interstate I... I'm not really sure. Anyway, they were pretty fun, but the accoustics in the multipurpose room were terrible, so I left early.

Today (Saturday) I went back up to the conference. The keynote speaker was Chad Lewis recently retired tight end from the Philadelphia Eagles. His talk was entitled, Go forward with faith. Then I went to the first workshop before leaving to meet some friends for lunch. I haven't seen Janice and Ty for over a year, so this was really nice. I need to find a reason to go to Phoenix. Of course I do have some time off I am supposed to be able to take...... It was a good day to catch up on what is going on in everyone's lives as they have moved away from working at The Verge where we all met. Of the 8 adults that were there, all of them previous coworkers, I am the only lifer. Anyway, good times.

Tonight is up for grabs. We're supposed to go speed dating. I have about 30 other things I need to get done, but if I had to guess... they won't get done anyway so we may as well go, eh?

I'll keep you posted ;)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum