So, I've managed to do a very adult thing this week, even though I am not completely sure I have any desire to be an adult yet. Wednesday I put an offer on a condo. Yesterday they counteroffered and today I have to decide if I want to accept that or try something different. I've also spent the week shopping for interest rates. As much as I like to shop, this has been a very interesting process. And the thing about it is... EVERYONE has advice for me, and very rarely does any of the advice actually coincide.

Last night my friend Chris had a little "finish the duplex so people can move in in 2 days" party. Things were going along swimmingly. The bathroom got finished except for the things that needed longer screws. The bedroom blinds got hung. We cleaned a years worth of ICKINESS from the fridge and oven. Things were getting cleaned up and Brian showed up to help finish the little bit of carpentry that needed to get done. So, we just had the kitchen and living room blinds to hang before we called it a night and went to dinner. Well..... the kitchen blinds are above the kitchen sink. There wasn't really a way to ge to them with out standing on the counter. Which would have been fine, however the person hanging the blinds stepped onto the sink instead. CRASH!!!!! The next thing we know is that he is standing half way in the hole where the sink used to be. Fortunately no one was hurt and the sink is fine. But, let's just say Chris has a little bit more carpentry to finish in the kitchen. I must admit he reacted the best way possible. Mostly with a little awe and disbelief and you know, look at the bright side, now the new fixtures should be SUPER easy to install.

Anyway, today I am going to Logan for a birthday party. It's supposed to be up in the canyon, but since it's been raining for the past 3 days, I really hope they have a backup plan.

1 comments:

    On 8:58 AM, September 23, 2006 Anonymous said...

    whose birthday?

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum