Good Day

Today was a good day. This morning we went to a new member breakfast. There seem to be a gazillion new people in this ward. I found out that one of the gals is friends with my Logan friends. Her name is Melanie and she was in choir with my boys. Also, there is another girl who's family lives in Dingle in my ward. I don't think she actually gets to claim Dingle, as her family is relatively new and she hasn't lived there more than a couple of months at a time... but anyway, what are the odds?

After breakfast was church. The new ward is going to be awesome. They seem really friendly and that is good, cuz I am a little shy, believe it or not. It does appear that the girls outnumber the boys pretty solidly, but at least there are not 2 Relief Societies like my last ward. We had a mingle and got to meet a few more people there.

After church Barry made dinner. He's a good kid. For all the times we've had them over, he's the only one who's actually returned the favor. Kudos to him. After dinner we went to the CES fireside to hear an apostle of the Lord speak. President Eyring spoke about having the gift of the Holy Ghost and how we live our lives to be able to have that companionship.

After the fireside we had Family Home Evening at one of the bishopbric's homes. It was an amazing home. He's a dentist, and apparently it pays well. We got to meet lots of new people there. I am pretty excited about the new ward. I think it's going to be a good thing, even if I don't really plan on being there long. Who knows? Maybe the new house will be in the boundaries.....

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum