Breathing Fire

Today started like most Saturdays. I slept in. We had a late night with one of VeAnn's friends who she hadn't seen for the last couple of years, since he has been in Iraq and all. It was a fun night, but I took Barry home around 1, and then still had to go to the store and finish some things I had been working on. Even sleeping til 1030 meant I got only 7 hours of sleep. I know, I know.. boo hoo whine... ANYWAY
Then I decided to be useful, so I mopped the kitchen floor on my hands and knees. The dirt in this linoleum has been there so long it has become one. After I scrubbed I put a new finish on it. It is sooo pretty. Yes, my life is so exciting I am telling you about how shiny my kitchen floor looks.

Ok, so that was about all the useful I had in me. I watched 2 movies and then got ready and went to a party. It was a great time actually. Lots of people I will not be seeing much of once I get moved into my new ward tomorrow and of course just some people I love in general. The highlight of the evening for me was learning how to blow fire using a mouthful of cornstarch and a tiki torch. Yes, really, it was awesome. I was not all that good at it, but Chris and Robin were, as well as a few others. It also works with powdered sugar, which is the route I would recommend based on nothing except the aftertaste.

Well, I hear tell there is a ward breakfast in the morning, so I do believe I should probably crash soon. Happy Saturday!!!

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum