Today's chapter ends





The plumber just left. He was here for less than 15 minutes. The pipe had burst a solder joint. He replaced the pipe and the joint and said to make sure to leave the fans on to dry out the walls. There appear to be no other leaks except the one that has now caused a very large hole in my kitchen ceiling.

I learned a lot today. I learned where my water valves are (mine, as well as the entire building) I learned that my upstairs neighbor does not actually live in her house, but she will be renting it out next month. I learned what pipes sound like when they break open. I learned that even though people aren't close to you, they will still do everything they can to help you out when you call.... okay, maybe not all people, but my people are amazing! so they do. I learned about the pros and cons of insulation, and the lack there of. I learned that home warranties cover pipes, but the rest of the damage is going to have to be an insurance claim....(which I am sure you will hear about)

I also know this could have been much worse. It could have happened when no one was home or in the middle of the night. It could have burst in more than one room. It could have done a lot of things, but it didn't. I just had one bad pipe that popped open and other than the carpet (which is drying) the walls which SHOULD dry, and the ceiling that can be replaced..... nothing else is ruined, the living room and bedrooms are fine, and I am a better prepared home owner for the next drama that happens.


OK... So I think I am going to find something for dinner and pop in a movie. I am pretty sure we'll still be able to hear it over the fans ;)

Happy Sunday!

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum