The next day

So, after spending yesterday with no water in the kitchen... today I have water everywhere. At 9:00 this morning the pipe above my kitchen burst. I still had no idea where to shut it off, so I ran around trying to find a neighbor who would open the door, but either everyone was gone, or sleeping. SO I called my family who called my other family and who happens to be a carpet cleaner/restoration company. And my friend who happens to be my brilliant realtor. Who helped me call the home warranty peeps who are supposed to call me back in the next little bit and get someone here today to fix the issue. I did finally remember where my shut off valve is. So at least the water quit running.

Jeff came down with his boys and cleaned up the most of it. The carpets are not sopping anymore; and he left fans to dry it out over the next few days, and to help dry the walls out - as I can now see every tape line in my kitchen.

As I am typing this, my upstairs neighbor has just come down to see if we have water. She doesn't... maybe the water I shut off is the water for the whole building, not just me... either way, they aren't getting it back until this leak is fixed. Her mom's boyfriend is a plumber, so maybe she'll have more luck than I at getting someone here.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum