Thoughts from seat 6A

7:00PM AST

I am sitting on a model airplane with a 12 year old pilot after a 3 hour delay on my way from Halifax to Newark and HOPEFULLY on to SLC. Apparently there have been some wind delays in Newark. I'm taking bets on whether or not anyone on this flight gets thru Customs in time for their connections.
On the bright side, I do have a window seat. I love flying above the clouds. It is easy to forget that beneath they are dark and heavy when from the top they are so pure and soft.


10:00 EST
Heaven is smiling on me today. We got to Newark, cleared customs, claimed and transferred baggage, and got back thru security to find that my connecting flight had been delayed 1.5 hours. Instead of leaving the same time my Halifax flight landed, I now had time to get some dinner, call home, quit freaking out about being stuck in NJ overnight...
Speaking of food - I think I like Continental's snacks the best. They are... what is the word.... interactive. Sure it's just cheese and crackers, but at least I get to spread the right amount of cheese and make a choice as to whether or not to add the meat. Of course, I always choose the meat, but that is another conversation.
Also speaking of food- what is up Pepsi-Co?! How did we let Coca-Cola be the only supplier of every airport and plane???

On a more random note, we flew over Manhattan tonight. I can not think of an angle where that is not just an amazing city......

1 comments:

    On 3:10 PM, October 20, 2005 Anonymous said...

    For someone who just flew to another country, I'm not seeing very many blog entries. Repent.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum