Today was kind of an odd day. It started out as one of those days where cheesy 80's love songs don't seem quite so cheesy and you catch yourself singing along to them on the radio.... then I got to work and my computer could not start Windows (blasted Bill Gates). There is no mood spoiler I know like being at work an hour before the computer guys are thinking about waking up and not being able to log in.

It is crazy how much we have come to depend on computers. I vaguely remember having a job that did not require a computer to do the smallest task, like provide the times and numbers needed to be on your required calls. I have also decided I am in the wrong business. I want a job where I get to tell people I will do something when I have the time. I'm thinking of taking computer programming classes and applying for an IT job.

I did have a lovely day of sitting on my boss' desk and just chatting about stuff. Work stuff, home stuff, stuff stuff. Poor guy, like he doesn't get enough of that being a bishop. I'm gonna miss him. It makes work a lot easier when you feel like your boss actually cares about you.

Needless to say, at the end of the day, I still do not have a computer to work on tomorrow. I'm going in late.

1 comments:

    On 9:28 PM, October 06, 2005 Anonymous said...

    You're going to miss him? Does that mean you're quitting? Or is he quitting?

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum