Cole Slaw

who's grand idea was it to serve a ball of shredded cabbage with your meal instead of finding some kind of actual vegetable? Is cabbage really that much cheaper than corn or beans or even lettuce? I think someone should figure ot just how much cole slaw is thrown away every year, heck, every day and see how many starving children could be fed if they could just find a way to make it palatable....

Ok, I just needed to get that out of my system...
Today I woke up in Nova Scotia... I am not actually sure what town I was in, but it was a hotel, and right near the Halifax Airport. My alarm clock said 6, when it went off, but my body was in rebellion and screaming that it was only 3. So.... I drove to Digby. I missed my exit, but I was only lost for about 20 minutes, which is not too shabby for me. The drive is BEAUTIFUL. The fall colors are just starting to show and it was just a nice morning. I spent the day in the center not quite as focused as I had hoped, but I think we had some good discussions. It was nice to put some faces with names and voices.

I went to a cute little place for dinner called the Shoreline Restaurant. They are about 3 days away from closing for the season. In the lobster tank I saw something that is supposedly a 1 in 20,000,000 thing - a BLUE lobster. He was stunning! If I think about it tomorrow I am going back with a camera. Anyway, they are going to set him free on Sunday when they close. He deserves to grow old.

1 comments:

    On 8:46 PM, October 12, 2005 Anonymous said...

    I Love Cole Slaw! Especially the KFC kind.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum