Merry Christmas!

Well, maybe it's not for another hour or so, but that can be easily overlooked. Merry Christmas!!!! We actually had our Christmas today, because Christmas Eve is when my brother and nephew come to visit. They got here just in time to hurry and get the small one ready so we could go to church. The service today was the choir program (yay) which I didn't participate in because I was staying home to wait for the boys, but that's ok. Cannon and I watched and listened. After lunch we came home and had a lovely dinner, which I am pretty sure we could not eat fast enough to make the small one happy. He really wanted to dig into the presents. When we finally finished he went a little crazy. It's funny to see him get so excited about the most random things and everything is "EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED!" even though only about half of the gifts will even get played with until February ;) Once again the farm animals win the most used in the first day award. They are always a hit with him, but I am pretty sure he has just about everyone imaginable at this point. Except, I am told he does not yet have an emu, which is apparently a farm animal, since the man down the street has one roaming in his field.

Anyway, after the boys left, we went down to Kelly and Justin's to play games and try and keep the kids awake so they maybe will sleep past 2 am. I am pretty sure it won't work, but since a couple of them seem to be coming down with a little bit of a bug, they have a better shot of sleeping than most years :S I am going to bed now. Oddly, I get to sleep in on Christmas. With no kids at home, we get to sleep in as long as we want.... or at least until the phone rings with kids on the other end so excited they can't wait to tell us what Santa brought them.

1 comments:

    On 7:56 PM, December 29, 2006 Anonymous said...

    I'm thinkin that Cannon my be a farmer some day.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum