Ward Camp Out

I have had a most wonderful weekend. Friday night VeAnn, Barry and I drove up to our ward campout. We went to Lava Hot Springs. Friday night was fun, we had dinner, played games and did a little unfortunate karaoke. While we went to bed earlier than I like to admit, I did not fall asleep until about 5:30 in the morning. I forgot to take socks so my wet toes were never warm enough to actually fall asleep. We got up around 7 when the cows starting being obnoxious.

Saturday we dorked around the camp ground for a while, then VeAnn and I went to the pool while most of the other kids floated the river. Next time I will remember other shoes. (Overall, not my most successful packing job). Barry and VeAnn humored me on the way home. They let us go the long way home, via Dingle. VeAnn got to meet the sheep, pigs, chickens, and horses. :) It was fun for me.

The other part of the weekend that makes me happy is that it was a road trip. I haven't had a road trip that involved other people for a long time. My friends are awesome. I had 1 1/2 hours of sleep the night before and they still made it fun to be awake and part of a conversation. Now THAT is an art.

1 comments:

    On 5:50 PM, July 26, 2006 Anonymous said...

    We should go on a random road trip again - oh wait, we did that last summer on our hot dog dinner roast. I think it's about time for that again....

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum