Beauty is only skin deep

Last night I made a cake. I was super excited about the cake - which should have been my first sign. Don't get me wrong, the cake turned out very pretty. It was a chocolate and white cake that looked like a checkerboard when you cut into it. My frosting went a little funky, but all in all, it looked lovely. Looks can be deceiving. I made the cake in pans that were just a little too big and rings that were just a little too small. AND my oven bites. Needless to say, it was dry as dirt. Now, don't get me wrong, the boys humored me and ate it, but I am hopeful they will give me a chance to redeem myself. I can do better than that.

2 comments:

    On 4:50 PM, July 09, 2006 Anonymous said...

    Dry cake just means to add icecream. duh.

     
    On 3:42 PM, July 18, 2006 Anonymous said...

    I thought it was a cool cake. And the one you made for ME was incredible!! Thank you so much!

    Matt

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum