Independence Day

I think the 4th of July might be my favorite holiday. Here's how it goes down. Mom and I wake up early to go to the Ranger's Chuck Wagon Breakfast. You have to go by 8 to avoid waiting in line for an hour. Then we walk down the road to the Paris Tabernacle where we watch the community commemorative program. My favorite part of the program is the end. They end with a salute to those men and women who have served or are serving in our armed forces. Then there is a set up with three trumpets placed in different locations inside and out of the tabernacle and they play Taps. It's goosepimpling every time. After the program we go out to our spot to watch the parade. We sit next to the post office - incase you want to find us. After the parade everyone goes to the rodeo. Everyone but me and mom, that is. We go home and take a nap. Remember, we got up early for breakfast :) Besides, who wants to sit thru a kids rodeo in the middle of the day? At night there is normally a BBQ. This year it was at Kelly's. After dinner we head into town to watch the fireworks at the park.

Now you know.

1 comments:

    On 4:49 PM, July 09, 2006 Anonymous said...

    K... I'd stay up for the kids rodeo... of course you know that.

    Also, my vote for favorite holiday is gonna have to be christmas.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum