Pinewood Derby

You could cut the tension with a knife. The contestants were spirited, but you could feel the nerves in each of them. Hours and hours of preparation would be culminated this evening. The track was in place. The electronic eye had been tested. The brackets were drawn. It was time. Tonight was the night.

OK, really- my ward had a pinewood derby for Family Home Evening tonight. My car was pretty sweet. My aunt and my mom helped - but mostly I did it. Either way it was a tribute to girls. She was shapely and purple :) I only lost to one other car, but they kept putting me in her bracket, so I took 5th. I have come to grips with it, because the girl I lost to totally won.

My favorite cars were the one that was decorated with homestarrunner and the one that was shaped like a tube of toothpaste. There was some quality time spent on them. Mostly I think we all just had a lot of fun.

1 comments:

    On 3:20 AM, May 16, 2006 Anonymous said...

    Yay for boy scouts... oh wait

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum