Saturday shopping day

Today we woke up and went to Enrichment (aka Cooking with Jessica.) We learned how to make a fantastic stuffed manicotti. I have heartburn now, but it was totally worth it.
After enrichment we decided to go shopping at the RC Willey Warehouse. I need a new bed (since I am pretending to be grown up, it is time not to have a twin anymore) and VeAnn wanted a TV stand. Bethany came with us as moral support. We met a fantastic sales guy named Jared. He hooked me up with a fantastically soft mattress. I may may never get out of bed again. VeAnn found a stellar deal on her TV stand. It is going to look beautiful with Bethany's new kitchen set. Funny how that happens, moral support turns into a room full of furniture. We were able to find the kitchen and TV stand in the clearance center, so not only was the price already amazing, he knocked another 30% off and got it shipped for free. We like Jared. I would be really surprised if we don't go back out when VeAnn decides to buy new couches, and I will eventually be getting a new kitchen table as well.

VeAnn and I then decided to go to another furniture store to look for couches. I knew when we walked in and the first thing we saw was a $4000 couch we were in the wrong store. We avoided most of the sales guys because we still wanted to look around. Then we got cornered by some guy who we will call Dwight(watch The Office; you'll know why). Dwight was intense. He was apparently the main buyer for the store and he was willing to make us a deal on set just to make a customer out of us, but WOW... he took us to the basement, where I was pretty sure he was going to lock us in a room and torture us and leave us for the next tenants to find. Honestly, this dude was scary. I am still thankful the cute sales guy came down to check on us. He may have saved our lives. His arrival prompted Dwight to give up telling us that the reason the other furniture we've looked at was trash compared to his...WOW... he was really just wow. Needless to say, we got out of there quickly.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum