So, I've been with out internet since I left work on Tuesday. It's had its pros and cons.

I started moving things into my new home on Tuesday night. I spent the evening cleaning kitchen appliances - always fun - and trying to get years worth of someone elses grease off my kitchen. We had a ward carnival Tuesday night, so that was a good break from the oven cleaner fumes :)

Wednesday morning it was raining. I am pretty sure my indian name would be "Girl who moves in the rain." In the past 10 moves, probably 9 of them have involved rain. I have terrible timing that way. I spent Wednesday scrubbing the bathroom and starting to wash walls. I had a meltdown Wednesday about noon. I was just not making the progress I wanted to be and was really afraid of the idea of not starting to paint until Friday. Wednesday afternoon there was a miracle and Monica called out of the blue to see if she could help. VeAnn came over after work as well and before I left on Wednesday night we had already started painting in the living room. We were out of light and out of drop cloths so I went to institute. It was snowing like crazy when I went, but completely clear 2 hours later... The weather here is nuts.

Thursday I spent the morning finishing the taping and prep work to paint the rest of the house. I had finished the living room, hall, and most of my bedroom when Monica called again. We went to pick out the paint for her room and she came to paint that while I finished my room and the bathroom. The project I was not expecting to start until Friday was complete by Thursday night. We left there about midnight, but it was ok, because it was done.

Friday morning my mom, Shahna, and Cannon came to help me finish. We were able to get the little bit of cleaning that was left done and actually start putting some things away. We picked up a few more things to fix and the place started looking liveable. I know I couldn't have finished with out their help. Friday night I drug Shahna to a halloween party. It was good times for me, but I am not sure she completely loved it.

Saturday the fantastic boys in my ward came to help me move the remaining furniture. It took a Uhaul and 2 pickup truck loads, but we got it all over there and put in place. The only casualty was my desk. It was on its last leg to start with, and trying to fit it through the bedroom door which was just a little too narrow pushed it over the edge. Saturday night I took my mom and Cannon to see my grandparents. It was a good visit.

Sunday, well, it was Sunday. I went to the 30th ward for the last time. Next week I get to try and find my new building. I live 6 blocks outside the boundaries, but it is not only a new ward, it will also be a new stake. After church I went over to my old home to play games with the girls and some friends. We girls took a beating, really, but I am up for a rematch.

Now you're caught up... Hopefully I can sweet talk someone in to coming over to help me get my internet hooked up soon.... sooooon....

1 comments:

    On 9:36 AM, October 30, 2006 Anonymous said...

    YAY! I'm excited to come see it!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum