farewell to friends

Ok, so tonight was the last night of my cooking class. I think there is a reason he does the meals in the order that he does them... this one was, mmm.... boring. It was basically rice, with some extra seasonings (cloves, anise seed, cardamon, cinnamon) and then some shrimp thrown in on top. It left me wanting a sauce to put on it. Perhaps it would be better if we made it with chicken stock and chicken instead of the shrimp... I'll play with it a little before I completely discard it from my memory.

Anyway, the class was fun. I am glad we took it. We learned not only the dishes we made, but also just a lot of really basic things that turn into everything else. I swear if I heard him explain how to make beef burgandy one more time, I might have had to tape his mouth shut ;) JUST KIDDING! (mostly) I am excited to put it to use and really just have a go at it. Right now the only thing I am missing are the guinea pigs.

2 comments:

    On 2:39 AM, November 10, 2005 Anonymous said...

    So what now? Is there a cooking volume 2 class?

     
    On 11:27 PM, December 02, 2005 Anonymous said...

    I'll be a guinea pig!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum