new place

Sunday was lovely. Ompong took me on a tour of the city(ies). We even went to part of mass… that totally counts for church ;) The coolest part by far was the WW2 Memorial and cemetery. Words would not do justice to the feeling there.

Monday I kind of just hung out until my flight. The airport was interesting and frustrating. You’re supposed to present your ticket twice before you can get to the counter that actually prints the tickets out… yeah. So then, after all my repacking to get everything into the right place… I was over the luggage weight limit. They weigh by passenger instead of by suitcase. Grr, but it was only $10 so, whatever.

Landing in Cebu was the first time I have really felt like I might actually be on an island. It is completely different than Manila. There are not as many cars or people or building, heck I even saw cows and chickens :) Feels like I home. I checked into the hotel and tried to nap, but it didn’t work, so I tried to take a bath. They have bubble bath – I was very excited. Then I realized I couldn’t get the water hot enough to stay warm while the rest of the tub was filling. Total bummer.

The center here is also very different. It’s more than just the set up. I haven’t quite put my finger on it yet. But I am really enjoying the work week again. I am having a rough time trying to get my normal work done – stupid end of month reports – but it’ll work out. Everyone is telling me how nice the beaches are… do you think anyone would notice if I called in sick???

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum