When it rains, it pours

So, I have had about the coolest weekend ever. So cool infact that this is the first time I have had a chance to sit down and tell you about it.

Yeah, so Friday night, I am sleeping (that's what I do on Friday nights) and Monica comes into my room to ask me if there is anyone trying to climb into my window. Huh? is all I could muster. Anyway, so there is this guy trying to climb into her window. About the time he took the screen off, she called 911. The cops showed up and took the very drunk man away. I have no idea what the official charge is, I just know they arrested him. If you want the rest of the story, you'll have to talk to Monica. All I know is that the boards in the windows aren't going anywhere any time soon.

Saturday afternoon, Monica comes out in to the living room (again, super exciting life I lead) and asks why the carpet is wet. Yes, again. This time, I was able to locate the source of the water very quickly. It was coming out of the bottom of my ancient water heater. So, I call my mom - cuz that's what I do when I don't know what else to do... and lo and behold Justin is at my mom's house. He tells me it's alright and that he'll be down the next day to help me get a new one and install it. We decided it wasn't actually the end of the world though, so we also decided it was better done on Monday than on Sunday. I thought I had figured out how to make the leak run into the drain instead of my hall way, but I woke up Sunday morning to a half inch of water in the back hall though, so instead, I just shut ALL the water off. At least until we could make sure the water heater was the only thing leaking. It was. Today I spent the day being broke, but the water heater is in. The shower is warm. And, I am ready to fly to Kansas tomorrow. YAY ;)

The weird part is, I can't even figure out how to complain about it. Life is good. My family is awesome. My home is safe, and I get to meet people I've been working with for years, tomorrow. How cool is that? Anyway. I should probably sleep. I still have to go to work before I fly out...
See you soon, Rod! I know you're so excited you can hardly contain yourself ;)

1 comments:

    I'm thinking you shouldn't live in houses with windows - I mean who needs natural light anyway?

    Also, did you just get a regular water heater or did you get one of those cool heat-as-you-use-it ones? I haven't researched prices, but I hear those kind of water heaters are very economical on your heating bills (since they don't sit and heat/reheat your water all day).

    Thanks for updating, and just because you are going to the Philipines doesn't mean that you are exempt from blogging.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum