Sleep is overrated

After work yesterday Ompong picked me up and brought me up to the new hotel. I am now staying at the Peninsula. It is a lovely hotel. The view is awesome. I can finally see Manila in the daylight :) I got checked in and settled and then Ompong and I headed back out. I was going to take a nap and wait for Noreen to come, but Ompong convinced me I needed to go early. We went to Greenhills. OH MY stuff. Stuff and people everywhere. I got my first round of shopping done in record time. Ompong hooked me up with the best vendors and prices on my knockoffs. And, yes, I spent too much money with Mimi, but the pearls are beautiful. Technically I didn’t spend too much, just more than I had planned on. We also went to Balakbayan for souvenirs and then he took me to Max’s for lunch. There is a reason he is our family driver. He showed me how to eat the things we ordered and ordered the tastiest little uve cream dish for dessert….

Then we came back to the hotel and picked up Noreen. We went back to Greenhills because I now needed an extra suitcase. I actually had that part planned… the part I didn’t have planned is that even with the new suitcase, I am struggling to find space to get it all in. This time we wandered. Wandering is dangerous for me. It proved to be so this time as well. After wandering, Ompong brought us back to the hotel and after dropping things off, Noreen and I walked down to the mall across the street. We wandered some more. Good times :) We stopped for dinner and then made our way back. Neither of us had slept in a really long time…. Really long time… I am pretty sure I passed out about 2 minutes after Noreen left.

Today I had a lovely breakfast at the hotel and this afternoon Ompong is going to take me on a tour :) Should be a lovely laidback Sunday.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum