Alabang Town Center

Today I went wandering. I know you’re not supposed to wander alone, but I did it smart ;-) I went to the mall. I have never seen so many security guards in a mall, ever. I had no problem feeling safe.

So, the mall… oh my goodness. If I were a shopper, I would have been in heaven. There is everything you can imagine in this place from flipflops to DIY supplies. I wandered around for a few hours. I am not much of a name brand girl, but they were everywhere. My biggest struggle is trying to convert the prices in my head. It’s about 40 pesos to the dollar. So 100 pesos is about $2.50… after 4 days, it’s almost starting to click. I am also a little leery of being suckered, so I am super excited that Noreen is going to go with me this weekend when I do my pearls and purses shopping.

For dinner I had sizzling sisig. What is that you ask? I still have no idea. I think she said it was pork… I know it had onions and garlic in it, but as for the rest of the flavors, no clue. It was super tasty though, but I wish I had ordered it with rice. It needed a side dish. I had a lovely dish of mango ice cream while I waited for my shuttle, I got home just in time to walk across the street to work.

1 comments:

    On 2:15 PM, April 24, 2008 Anonymous said...

    Hello, Glad to hear you are having a good time over on the other side of the world. Let me just say that I never did get the conversion thing down, in fact I made it a joke that I just opened my wallet and let them take whatever they felt was appropriate.

    One other thing, I also had the sizzling sisig. Not sure if you want me to tell you or not what it is but I'm going to. It is pork, that much is for sure, but it is the snout and ears of the pig that is diced up and then fried with spices and such. It is very tasty though, it reminded me of not so salty bacon.

    If you go to Green Hills in Manila for your pearls be sure that you go to Mimi and tell her who your client is over there, she will give an amazing deal.

    Be safe and enjoy! Eat Baluut!(sp)

    Rod

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum