A Fine Frenzy

Ok, so, I missed American Idol again last night. But, believe it or not, once in a while - I DO actually have stuff going on.

Last Thursday I was listening to the radio. They were running a contest - be caller x- for people to come to The End Zone with A Fine Frenzy on Tuesday, April 1. Well, I was near a phone, and I figured, why not... So, I was caller x. COOL, I say. They told me I could bring a friend - So I talked to my friend Trista. She is BY FAR my favorite concert buddy. No one mocks as well as she does. Period. Even cooler, she's able to rearrange her Tuesday stuff so she can come play :)

So Tuesday - we go to the radio station to see The End Zone. It was great. The song I knew from this girl is called "Almost Lover." It is quite possibly the saddest song ever written. If you are looking for a good cry/break up song - I highly recommend it. If you're even slightly emotional, you'll be wiping tears half way through. She sang it as well as a couple of others, including a cover of "I'll Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie. Trista tells me this song will be played at my reception. She's the DJ, by the way. Then when we were waiting in line to get our autographs on our free singles and our awesome pictures ;), they had 10 extra pairs of tickets for the actual concert that evening.


HECK YEAH, I say! So we got 2 pairs, and called our friend Matt and my roommate Monica and we went to the concert :)
The opening bands really stunk, but again, A Fine Frenzy was really cool! I know she's not huge yet - as evidenced by the venue she was playing in, but it was fun, and she's really young, but she's having a good time, and her voice is amazing. I like her better with out the synths, but still, really cool. If you want you can check her out on the radio's web page... there's a link to the actual endzone. http://www.1019theend.com/PhotoWall.asp?id=38375

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum