La Caille

So, my friend Robin teaches school. Twice a year they take the kids out to this amazing place called La Caille, for dinner. La Caille is located near Emigration Canyon which is where some of the ski resorts are... ANYWAY, it's usually very expensive, but for the kids they have a deal where they serve them outside of normal business hours, and it's only $28 a plate. the point... the point is that Robin invited a couple of us to come with them. I got there a little early so I took some pictures to show you what it was like :)



This is the restaurant.


There are cottages all around the grounds. This one is close to the main building. I imagine that in the spring and summer it is even more lovely.


The grounds are so very pretty. Again, with I can see even more promise in a different season ;)

LaCaille is also a winery. I liked this picture with the grapevines and the mountains... that's all. I just liked it.

One of the things we got to try is escargo - yes really, I ATE a SNAIL!!!!! It tasted like butter and garlic. It was actually really good. I would eat it again, but I don't think I would really order it.


And for dessert we had Bananas Foster en Flambe. They served the icecream and then they came around with a gravy boat full of caramel and bananas that they had put a bit of rum on top and started on fire. It was hard to see because the atrium was so bright, but it was still cool to eat icecream that was on fire. Looking at dessert was cool. Eating dessert was actually my least favorite part. The caramel was good, the icecream was tasty, but the bananas tasted like burned alcohol. I ate about half of it before I gave up.

Anyway - it was a great night! My friends are cool :)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum