:S

Yesterday was an adventure. I finally decided to go to the instacare for some severe back pain I have been experiencing. I was diagnosed with kidney stones. Not excited. She gave me pain meds and said if it got worse to go to the hospital. So I faked the rest of the day, even went down to visit my grandparents. The pain meds made me sick and didn't help the pain. Needless to say, it got worse. About 11:00 pm, my mom and I drove to the hospital. They were super nice, they gave me morphine and a ct scan. Apparently I have a 10mm stone sitting right in my kidney, too big to get out on it's own. So, they gave me a referral to a urologist and different pain meds. We got home about 3 am. Not bad for an ER visit.
This morning I met the urologist, and he set me up with an appointment for an outpatient surgery tomorrow to send sonic wave blasts into my kidney to break up the stone. The best part of the whole story - is that after all this - I STILL have to pass the fragments. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry, so I am going to stop now.... Ok then, now you know, probably too much.

1 comments:

    On 7:47 AM, August 02, 2007 Anonymous said...

    Have you heard if it's more painful than having a baby? Just curious... I doubt it.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum