Weekend

So, Friday was a little disappointing. My stake had organized a star gazing night at the top of Emigration Canyon. I had actually been looking forward to it for a while. I am kind of a geek like that. I like stars. I like them even more when I know what I am looking at, which there were people there to tell me just that. I spent the week trying to track down someone who could actually tell me how to get to "the top of Emigration Canyon." Which, by the way, is not- drive up Emigration Canyon, if you start coming down you've gone too far :P Anyway, Monica and I got there, and there were about a dozen other people there and a gaggle of telescopes. The disappointment is, the only thing we could see in the sky that night were clouds and lightning. We stayed for about 20 minutes, until it started raining. I guess I will have to wait for next year's.

Saturday I woke up with a strong desire to do as little as possible. So, I decided it was time to read Harry Potter. I've had the book for a month now, I just hadn't gotten around to it. I made a pretty good start. If I had nothing else to do, I could probably finish it today, but I think it will probably be Monday or Tuesday. Oh, I also got my laundry done and went and spent my grandparent's birthday money. I probably should have saved it for something practical, like these lame Dr bills I am starting to get, but it's BIRTHDAY money. Birthday money should not be practical. So, I bought a new shirt :) I figure it's semi practical, since I gave half of my wardrobe to my mom. I wanted to get new pants, but alas, I need a few more pounds to go before I can drop the 2 full sizes I want. Right now it is only a size and a half. So, I will keep wearing the baggy ones.

Saturday night Monica and I drove to Springville to go to her cousin's wedding reception. Then we decided to have my birthday early so we went to dinner at a random little place called David's Kitchen. It is a super serious hole in the wall. From driving past the front you would wonder if it was really even open. It is attached to a bar called Gino's. So the sign just says "Gino's David's Kitchen" Mostly up until now I had just been confused as to why you would have two names with out an "&" in the middle. I am not altogether not confused now, but apparently they are 2 different businesses. Kind of. ANYWAY - It's a Chinese place. They still don't serve Tiny Spicy Chicken, but what they do have is really good. It appears they are famous for their pot stickers. Which, I had never had before. It was all actually very tasty. After dinner, we went to see Stardust. If you like fantasy/witches/good triumphs over evil kind of movies, I suggest it. It's very predictable, and there are lots of people dying and stuff, but it's a lovely story and I left feeling happy.

Today is Sunday. We have church at 11, as the other ward in our building is having a back to school welcome Sunday. Other than that, it should be a pretty quiet day. Tomorrow I turn 29. I have decided not to throw a party, but I think I SHALL go buy a cake. How else can I have cake for breakfast the day after - it really is a fabulous tradition ;)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum