Wednesday

Wednesday we were in Skagway. It was also our first day of rain. We met for breakfast for Donna’s birthday. Happy Birthday Donna! :) After breakfast we made our way out to the train. Yeah, I had totally forgotten to move the pictures from my camera to my computer. I got 1 picture in before I was told my memory was full. The good news is, there were at least 3 other camera’s on the trip and they are all better photographers than I am. I spent most of the trip trying not to fall off the edge of the thousand foot direct drop offs. Did I mention that I have a reoccurring nightmare of driving off the edge of a canyon? Ok, while all of that is true, I actually really enjoyed the views and the ride.
When we got back into town, I drug mom to a pizza joint for lunch. I needed a break from ship food. While it really was great, I just needed a break. It was a total dive, but the pizza was quite possibly the best pizza I’ve ever eaten. I don’t even know if it had a crust, there was sooo much cheese. It really is the simple things that make me happy.
After wandering around Skagway, we got back on ship and had enough time for Mom to call Cannon. I am not sure who missed the other one more. He was very sure to tell her who won Big Brother, which I understand mom has managed to get Cannon AND Daniel hooked on. Go Mom :)
At Rex’s second round of Bingo, he had won a spa certificate. Since he had not prepared with a swimsuit, they gave it to Mom and I and we took advantage of the semiprivate spa and relaxation room. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love a hot bath, well, what is a Jacuzzi if not an even better version of a hot bath??? The windows of the spa were at the rear of the ship, so we kicked back and watched the shore move further and further away. Thanks Rex and Nancy for giving us your prize. After the spa we went to dinner at the sushi restaurant – The Ginza. The dinner was good, the dessert was odd. I am still not sure what mochi ice cream is. Once you got inside the gummy shell, it was pretty darn tasty.
I think my favorite onboard activity happened Wednesday night. They announced it simply as a chocoholic’s buffet. Well, how do you miss chocolate? What I didn’t know was just how many ways chocolate can be enjoyed. The mousse, the cake, the chocolate covered fruit, chocolate fountain, chocolate shells on mocha chocolate mouse cupcakes, chocolate apples (imagine caramel apple only better) and the sculptures, and decorations, and flowers and…..I am pretty sure it was a preview of what heaven will be like. The only thing is, 11 pm is too late to actually eat that much chocolate, soooo breakfast was a continuation of the pure bliss from the night before. The pictures don’t do it justice. You’ll just have to imagine; unless, of course, you’ve been there.
















0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum