Sunday

Sunday was our day at sea. We took full advantage by sleeping in and having room service for breakfast. We found the rest of our group out on the deck and decided to explore the ship. We lost half of them when they started snooping around the 14th floor penthouse suites. So, Mom, Rex and I went to play BINGO. We did not win. We lost Rex’s interest when we went to the shopping seminar. We learned more about diamonds and gemstones than I have ever wanted or needed to know. Apparently, jewelry shopping is a big thing in Alaska. And since we were in the last 2 weeks of the season, the deals were going to be even more AMAZING! Too bad I am not really in the market for diamonds, eh? I must admit, I did fall in love with the blue diamonds… hint hint – anyone looking to butter me up.
After a couple of diamond workshops we discovered The Versaille. Not the real one – duh. It is one of the 11 restaurants on the ship. This is where Mom’s love affair with chilled fruit soup started. I am pretty sure she had chilled soup with every dinner for the rest of the week. My love affair was with the French bread. It really was THAT good. This is also the day I decided I was going to enjoy the food and take my chances with my gall bladder. I am a terrible patient. Just because I KNOW you are worrying now, I have had no issues since I was diagnosed.
After dinner we went to see the Jean Anne Ryan Company’s tribute to Andrew Lloyd Webber. It was much fun. I think I have found a job for a couple of my friends though. Jazz Hands!

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum