It's over!

Ok, so those of you who watch(ed) strongbad can say the title of this post appropriately. The rest of you, well... anyway...

The fair is officially over. Cannon's pig was purchased by Recreation Realty (Thanks Uncle Jive). Most of the pigs went for around the same price (between $500 - $700) except for a few outliers. The grand champion went for more than double that. The grand champion steer went for $4100. The rest of them for about $2000 The market value on a steer is about $1000. The market value on a hog is about $150. Now you understand why the kids like to sale at the fair instead of at market.

After the stock sale - we went home and took a nap :) It was fabulous. When I woke up it was time to go back in for the tractor pull. I've mentioned that I am white trash before ;) I love the tractor pull, almost as much as the demolition derby. We took Cannon and his friend Tristan. Those little boys "know" more about trucks than I do. My favorite is the tractor with the 5 engines. The boys liked the diesel trucks - mostly because they were real for them. The modified trucks and tractors are just cool to look at, but the local boys' trucks - now THOSE are cool. Apparently Dodges are the best, then Chevrolets. Fords only get excited about, if they are the tractors.... Yeah, like I said. They "know" more than I do.

I really do enjoy the fair, we look forward to it all year. And all week- we look forward to the end of it :)

This week, I thought it might be fun for Cannon to come to Salt Lake and chill with me for a few days. Dad, Alice, and the girls are coming down on Wednesday. We're going to Chuck-e-Cheez for the August birthdays :) Hopefully he won't figure out just how boring I am before it's time for him to go back. Next week the kids go back to school, so one last summer adventure(ish).

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum