I left the center a little early because the interstates out of Baton Rouge were already full of folks leaving for the holiday weekend/storm avoidance. I took the back way, which of course for me is always an adventure. I only missed one turn. Using only 1 U-turn means you're not lost.
I sat in the HUGE Baton Rouge airport until about 5 minutes before I was supposed to take off before I realized we weren't boarding yet. There was a weather system is Houston. We actually didn't leave the airport until after we were already supposed to be in Houston. I wasn't really concerned because I had a 2 hour layover. The first time I actually got a little frustrated was when we arrived in Houston and my flight was listed with a 2 hour delay. UGH. Normally not a big deal, but I was already not supposed to be getting home until midnight. So, I went to find dinner.

Note to self, don't eat at Ruby's diner when they are getting ready to close. They were in such a hurry that they forgot to cook my burger all the way thru. They did, however, remember to add the grease. Change the note to self, if you can avoid eating at Ruby's in total, probably not a bad idea.

Things did improve, my flight moved back up an hour :) and I was actually home and tucked into bed by 2:30. Thank goodness for Saturday.

The weather forecast here is much less eventful than Louisianna. The only thing going on here is a cold front that is going to drop our temps 30 degrees overnight. When they say Labor Day is the end of summer, they meant it 96 degrees Saturday - 65 degrees on Monday ...So long summer! It's been great :)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum