By dang it!

I am the cool aunt

As I was getting ready to come back to SLC on Sunday, I thought it might be fun for Cannon to come back with me. Dad, Alice, and the girls were coming down on Wednesday to celebrate some birthdays so I figured he could chill with me for a couple of days :)

Monday he was bored out of his mind. I had to go to work. Monday is a really hard day for me not to be in the office, so he came and watched movies on the floor. After work we went to the store and then came home and made dinner for some of my friends. Which, if you ask me turned out ok :) other than the salmon being slightly over done (however, I would rather have my fish over done than under.) The Lewies had volunteered to bring the dessert. They made a fabulous oatmeal cake with caramel frosting. I love birthday week :)

Tuesday I worked from home. This is a much better situation for the 9 year old. He’s still stuck watching movies, but at least there are couches. After work we went out and played in the pool. For dinner we went down to The Gateway and had a lovely Applebee’s meal and then we went to see “Fly Me to the Moon” at the planetarium. I love 3-D movies. He even said “it was enjoyable.”

Today we got up and made a proper breakfast. Which must have sausage in it, according to the boy. His new favorite movie is Remember the Titans. What this means is over the last 2 weeks, I have watched a movie about football at least 20 times… take into account the days we didn’t spend at home last week, and you can understand why I might be ready to go a little bit crazy. We are currently taking a break back out at the pool. My internet connection carries, mostly. It’s probably good I didn’t know that before today or there might have been a few more days working at the pool ;)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum