It begins

Last night was the start of FAIR WEEK. If you've never been a part of your county fair, I highly suggest it. If you're looking to actually just kick back and enjoy a fair - go with your state fair instead.

This year Cannon has a pig in the fair. Which is a little more involved than I normally am. It's been a source of contention though, so I would be surprised if he has a pig again next year... we are slow learners though, so you never know.

Our fair kicked off with Mom working her shift in the food booth that the hospital is running. They are donating the money to help the elementary school build a pavilion, so it's a good cause. Cannon and I ditched out and went to the movie with Wewe, Riley, and Karlie. After the movie Cannon and I caught a little bit of the team roping.

Tonight was the Demolition Derby. There are very few things more white trash than sitting around an arena cheering for beat up old cars as they purposefully try and hit each other. The awards are for Hardest Hit, Most Aggressive, and of course, Last Car Running. They do two heats (half the cars each) and while they go back and try to get their cars running for the final round, they bring out a handful of 2 man teams on 4-wheelers. These guys entertain the crowd by riding in circles while the 2nd guy tries to hit the other teams' 2nd guys with a baseball bat, in an attempt to knock the balloon off the other person's helmet. I think the saddest part - is how much I REALLY like Demolition Derbies :) I've never really been to one where I didn't know at least some of the contestants though. I think that helps.

Anyway, good times :) Tomorrow is the parade. YAY candy!

1 comments:

    I wish I could be there for the fair. I agree about the white trash thing but I feel it is most of the fair setting not just the demolition derby. Anyway maybe we are all a little trashy and thats why we love the fair so much:) anywhoser, hope you are having a great time:) eat some greasy food for me:)

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum