Catsup?

Last week was an awesome week. First of all, I got to go home. I spent Mother's day with my mother, funny how that works. We actually went up to my aunt and uncle's home for a fabulous dutch oven dinner. Monday was Cannon's birthday... I am still not sure how he is 9, but that's what he keeps telling me. Alice made him a cake shaped like a cowboy hat. It was uber tasty.
Wednesday I took the day off to make lunch for the quilting ladies. It reminded me of one of the reasons I love Dingle so much. Things go full circle. The ladies that quilt range in age from my mom's younger sister, all the way up to the ladies that are the age of my grandma. At least a 40 year span if not more. These same awesome women that were my mom's mom's friends are also my mom's friends and for that matter, they are my friends. Make that a 60 year span. There is a lot to be said for having social circles of people your own age, but I really have learned so much from watching these women, not just that day, but my whole life. They have gone through so many different things, heartaches,joys, births, deaths, love and loss. It is great just spending time with them to see the women they are today and learn about the things that have made them that way. Don't get me wrong, some of them are a little crazy ;) but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thursday I took the day off, to sleep. That got ruined by a work call, oh, and making sure Cannon got on the bus with his lunch for his field trip, but that was fun, so I'll blame the 7 am work call. I also got to mow the lawn. In the afternoon Mom and I went to the chiropractor, which I loved and Mom hated. We took the scenic route home from Soda through Nounan. It was really pretty. I don't think I have ever been all the way on that road before so it was neat.

Friday I really just took the day off... I took Mom's bike and Heather and I went for a bit of a bike ride around the village. I got some much needed sun. I am SUCH a pasty white girl. My legs never turn, but at least my arms and face can tan ;) I also went for a ride around the village with Kelly, but we drove. In the evening Mom and I did a little more yard work... very very productive day:)

Saturday was Scrapbook Day! at the library. They have scrapbook day twice a year. I had missed it in Novemeber because of the Turkey Shoot, so I was glad I got to go this time. It took all day (9-6 with a lunch) and I finished 3 layouts... I am the slowest scrapbooker ever, but they are super cute. Now I just need to, you know, put some pictures on them. I even won a prize :) yay:)

Sunday we got to go to church in our pretty new remodeled building. It's not perfect, but it's ours and it's beautiful. It will make a lovely place for a wedding and open house...

OK, so that's the deal, that's where I've been all week.... now you know

1 comments:

    R U planning on using the new building for wedding and openhouse soon???? Just wonderin :) Hope you are doing well. Love ya lots! Kym

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum