Saturday was awesome. (I am running out of words.) We rented a car and drove up the east side of the island to the temple. I did not realize how small it is inside. The outside is all done on such a grand scale, but the inside it is beautiful and simple. And COLD- for real, it was the first time this week I wished I'd had a jacket. ;-) After the temple Mom and I continued our journey up to the north shore. It was all things we've seen before this week, but this time we got to do it all on our own time. The surfers were out in full force, too, so we watched them for a while before deciding to complete our loop. We stopped at DOLE again, this time just for lunch.
Upon returning to Waikiki we dropped off the car and stopped to fill our pineapples. OH yes - the pineapples- so there is a place just a block down from our hotel that if you buy the souvenir pineapple cup, they will refill it for you - for free - forever. Needless to say, we've been carrying these silly pineapple cups around all week ;) The good part is that once they get home, they are also banks. I am always looking for something to put change in ;) We got the last of our shopping done, including a new bag. The real pineapples we picked up at dole are just too big - so we needed something to put them in that we could put other things in, too. I think we're finally good to go on getting everything to the plane... maybe.
Today we are taking the day completely chilled. We have to be out of the hotel at 11, but we don't leave until 7, so we're going to hang out on the beach and see if I can't find a little bit of sun. Last night was the first night I had actually put my feet in the ocean. Maybe today I'll find an excuse for the new swimsuit I bought.

1 comments:

    I am insanely jealous. You are the 2nd of my friends to be in Hawaii within the last two weeks... Have a good time for me...

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum