Water

First of all - Happy Birthday Mom!!!! My mom is 47 years young today. I am super excited because tomorrow she is coming to stay with me for a week! YAY:) So she'll probably be super bored all week, because I still have to work, but I am way happy she's coming down.

So the last little while I have been thinking alot about water. Christ called himself "living water". The human body is approximately 60% water. 80% of the earth is covered in water, 97% of the water is salt water, 2% is frozen in glaciers leaving only 1% drinkable.Water is life and death. Water makes things grow. It is necessary for survival. If it comes at the wrong time it will take life. It can destroy homes. We pray for rain, at the same time as people a couple of states away are pumping water out of the streets. I drove home in a torrential downpour tonight and loved every minute of it. But I have spent the last 48 hours trying to figure out why my house is flooding and once we knew why, how to fix it. Water is cleansing and yet causes mudlides. We have 8 wildfires burning in the state of Utah, but in the part of the state that is not on fire, we have hail the size of quarters. Frozen water can be as sweet as popsicles, or cause accidents as black ice. Water can knock out power lines, cause flash floods, or cool the head of fevered child.

Ok, sorry, like I said, I've been thinking about water lately. I didn't say I had come up with anything profound :P Anyway... now that I have rambled on a while, I think I shall go to bed. Staff meeting at 6:30 comes plenty early.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum