Visitors from home

What a fabulous weekend it has been. My Mom and Trish came down on Friday and we spent the afternoon craft store shopping. Then we came home and I made them get dressed up. We picked up Monica and proceeded to dinner at the Bombay House. Other than trying my patience and pushing our time limit - it was amazing. I took John's suggestion and got the Lamb Rogan Josh. T A S T Y.
After dinner we went to Les Mis. I'd gotten tickets in October, so I'd been looking forward to it for a really long time. The show was fabulous as always. I've seen it 3 times now and it never disappoints. During intermission we were commenting on some of the performers. There were definitely some parts that could have been stronger or a couple of mics tha could have been turned up, but by the end of the show we were all crying just the same. Ok, maybe not everyone was crying, but there were plenty of sniffles around me.
Saturday we slept in. Glorious sleep. We woke up and made breakfast. It's been months since I had a proper breakfast. It was great, even if I was the one cooking it. Then we slacked around the house a bit. Then, happy for me, my mom and Trish got to meet John. Well, as much as you CAN meet someone who is 5000 miles away. I thought it was great. He made a good first impression :)
After that we got ready and went to the temple. It was a good visit. I've been kind of lame and haven't been for a while, so I wasn't prepared to realize just how much I've missed being there.
That afternoon I took my visitors to Navajo Hogan (www.navajohogan.com) mmmmmmm Really, come visit. I'll take you there. You won't be sad. But when I tell you that the salsa is really hot and you should put it on the side - LISTEN to me :P We ran a few more errands on Saturday afternoon and then they had to leave :(
I need them to come back... Trish is super handy around the house - and the little things that I walk past every day and ignore bug her so they get done. We cleaned all kinds of filters I didn't even know existed before this weekend ;)
Today the weather is trying to warm up, so maybe we can move out of this freezing rain session. All in all, a lovely lovely 3 days.

1 comments:

    On 10:00 AM, May 07, 2007 Anonymous said...

    Yay for Les Miz! I need to go see it again. Tell "Grama Tracy Hayes" I said hi! Hi from Springfield, Mass.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum