Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend was (once again) to be the weekend of getting stuff done. Thursday night I had dinner with my former manager AJ, who was in town for some training. Friday I worked only half a day. Have I mentioned that I LOVE working from home? About 10 Monica and I went out and sat at the pool. I am going to have to try to see if my wifi reaches out there. If it does, I could be working a lot more from home ;) ;) Just kidding (mostly.) My family came about 11:30. It was fun to show the home off with the new kitchen. I am the envy of the ladies of the complex as well, they've even started sending their husbands over to look. Anyway, my family wanted to go to Cabela's. I do not quite understand the fascination of looking at dead stuffed things, but the aquarium is pretty cool and if I were an outdoorsman, I would probably spend money there.


After Cabela's, half of them drove south to the wedding they were on their way to. Mom and Michaela stayed with me. Mom wanted to go to IKEA that just opened here. What a mad house. I think my plan to wait a few weeks was better than going the opening weekend. We spent $10. I just don't really need furniture. I do need stuff for the walls, but I missed out on the decorating gene.
When we got home, Michaela joined Monica at the pool (Monica HAD left our pool while we were gone. Of course, it was to go to another pool with her friend.) I tried to put my mom to work by changing the blinds, and we managed to get one of them out, but the new ones I had picked up were too long. Yes, I measured. So we decided to just go to Lowes and get blinds that were the right size, or at least to a place where they could be trimmed. What we found were the right size - AND half as much as the ones from Wal-Mart. Now you know.
Ok, so this post is getting really long. Saturday we got the other blinds hung, the shelf hung in my laundry room, the shelf hung in my kitchen, and attempted the weatherstripping, which turned out to be too big for the door to handle. By then it was time for lunch. I took the opportunity to introduce Michaela to Navajo Hogan's :) Then we went to The Gateway. We saw an IMAX movie about dinosaurs called giganatosaurs (pronounced jiginatosores)at the planetarium, got icecream from Ben and Jerry's, and watched the kids playing in the fountains. Overall a very lovely afternoon. I think we totally win the "funner (yes funner) weekend" contest over going to Blanding for a wedding.



Then we went back out to the pool and left mom to watch the Jazz game. It was so depressing at half time that we went to dinner. We got back just intime to watch the last 3 minutes and see the Jazz win... on second thought, maybe we should have gone to dinner in the first half ;)

1 comments:

    On 12:38 PM, May 28, 2007 Anonymous said...

    It's a good thing you know an interior designer then, huh?

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum