Good Intentions

I had the best of intentions for this weekend and all of the things I was going to get done. I must admit, it felt like the stars were, not necessarily stacked against me, but definitely out of alignment. I went to Lowe's to pick up all the things I needed for my DIY projects on Friday. When I got home, Monica and I started putting stuff away in our pretty new kitchen, but we ran out of shelf liner. Also, when we opened the dishwasher to unload it, we discovered that the cabinets were put in with out trying this first, for now it doesn't shut.
Saturday morning I got up and tried to get some storage stuff put away, and found the box was too short for it's intended contents. I had picked up pegs to replace the ones I've lost for the bathroom medicine cabinet, but when I tried to put them in, found they are too big.
So... I gave up and went to visit my grandparents. When I got back I stopped at wal-mart and picked up more shelf liner and some different storage containers. They don't have shelf pegs.
At home I actually accomplished the caulk around my bathroom cabinet that has been driving me crazy. And I decided the tall stuff is going in the trash instead of storage. Other than that, I accomplished very little before going to our ward service auction.
I now have the blinds that need hanging, drawers that need lining, and a shelf that needs building. So, if you're bored, come on over. I'll put you to work. :)

1 comments:

    On 5:10 AM, May 21, 2007 Anonymous said...

    As I learned in the mission field, "The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions."

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum