catch up

It's not impossible to blog from Dingle, I just don't think about it much.

I spent the week at home hiding from work and doing a pretty good job of it, if I do say so myself. Tuesday Shahna turned my hair red again, well, parts of it. Wednesday I made rolls for Thanksgiving... if you can call defrost and bake, "making." I don't normally, but I didn't have the time to do it properly. I got to go see one of my favorite men in the world Wednesday night... My chiropractor. He's probably the only person I don't fight with when he puts me in my place.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. A holiday completely devoted to food, family, and football. I must admit I am not an avid football fan, but even I watched most of the game. Ok, half of it anyway. We had dinner at my aunt and uncle's home with about 30 of my relatives. A pretty small gathering, but a happy one :) We played games the rest of the night and went home to sleep off the day.

Friday, Mom and I pretended to go psycho shopping. How psycho can it get in Montpelier? We sat outside the only store that opened at 6, in our car, along with probably 20 other people - in their cars. It was far too cold to sit outside. When 6 o'clock came, the radioshack lady opened the door and waved us in... it was great. I got everything I came for and we were out of the store by 6:15. Then it was time for hot cocoa until the next stores opened at 7. We didn't really need anything, but we were already in town, so we figured we may as well check it out. We went home and watched kids for a couple of hours and then went back to town to check out the craft fair. I'm a sucker for a good craft fair. Which may explain why we went to one on Saturday, too. My cousin Kyla turned 8 on Saturday so we also went to her baptism. It was great. She is so excited and it is such a good reminder for the rest of us struggling along.

Saturday night I went to my dad's house and chilled with my little sisters. We watched Spongebob and played Sceneit... which I do not let them win, even though I probably should. They kicked my but at Sorry, though. My dad's wife is awesome. She wants to come down and help me put the new kitchen cabinets in once I order them :) I like her for other reasons, too, but I thought it was awesome. That night Cannon and I decorated my mom's tree... she is officially ready for Christmas ;) (whether she thinks so or not)

Sunday we went to church and had dinner with Kelly and Justin's family; then I made the journey back. It was a lovely drive actually - except the driving due west at 4:30 pm...

Anyway... now you know... life is good :)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum