A day off?

So today I pretended to take a day off. I actually ended up working half of it, so I am not sure if it counts or not. I got up, determined to get most of the lawn mowed before it got too hot (yes, that means I didn’t get it done yesterday as planned), however my mom’s lawn mower has a vendetta against me. I gave up after about a half hour of trying to get it started. So, I came in and packed Cannon’s lunch so he could go with his friend to the lake. Once he left I wandered downstairs to see if I could manage anything productive today. Downstairs is my old bedroom. This is the same room where I now store 10 years worth of apartment furnishings that are definitely enough to take care of an entire house and 2 kitchens. My mom has been asking me to get rid of it for at least half of those 10 years. Today, with some help from Shahna, we got thru it. There is a dumpster of junk and about 5 boxes of stuff for good will to show for it. My family wants to have a yard sale with the good will boxes instead, but I am not sure if/when that’s going to happen. Yes, you read it right, a yard sale.

I also got a phone call asking me to teach Sunday School this week. Is it weird that I wish I were going to be in town on Sunday? I am not saying I am any good at teaching, but oddly enough, I kind of like it. Ok, more the preparing than the giving, but one does tend to follow the other

Anyway – now you know.

1 comments:

    On 3:53 PM, June 08, 2006 Anonymous said...

    You had to go clean out the Spider room? That is SCARY! I hate that room!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum