Tourist

I totally spent yesterday as a tourist. Some of my family members came down to go to the temple with friends. They decided to bring down the kids to see the lights. So, I got to play tourist. We all met for lunch and then I took the girls to the zoo. Oddly enough, December is not as bad a time as one might suspect to visit the zoo. Of course, it helps that we STILL don't have any snow. I think their favorite part was the elephants and the monkeys. The elephants, just because of how "HUGE" they are, and the monkeys because they can pick their nose and eat it with out being told to stop ;) The penguins were actually really cool, too.
After the zoo, I brought them back to my house, because believe it or not, they wanted to see where I lived. Oh, I also made sure they saw East High - cuz, HSM ROCKS! (I have seen the first one - once... neither of the second or third)
We met the parents and went to the LDS church office building. I had never been up to the 26th floor observation deck, but it really is a pretty cool view. You can see the whole valley. There's a lot of stuff I haven't explored in the 4 1/2 years I've been here.
After dinner we hopped on trax - so now everyone can say they've ridden it (even if it was only 4 stops, round trip) and went to see where Channel 2 news is filmed. The kids got to be on TV, what more can you ask for??
We then went back down and walked around temple square. The lights are as beautiful as always. It amazing to think of the work that goes into making such a fabulous tradition for us, every year. My favorite part is the nativity scene on the north west lawn. It's short, and simple, and I've seen in a hundred times but it is my favorite message of happiness.
After the lights, we went over to the conference center. I have also been there a number of times, but I have never taken the tour. It was really cool to have little things pointed out as we looked at the artwork and were able to listen the Choir practice. Radio and CD are great, but nothing compares to listening to them live, even just practicing.
It was a super fun day for me. I wish I could find more excuses for them to come visit :)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum