Dumb Girl

Tonight is the night where I admit I am a DUMB GIRL. I went outside to grab the mail and noticed my tire was low. So, I decide to go quickly to the tire store before it closes... about 2 blocks from home the low tire is no longer low - it is FLAT, but I think the tire store is only 10 more blocks, so I will drive slow and be fine... well, about the place the tire store is SUPPOSED to be, the tire is no longer flat, it is a seperate entity from the rim. So I pull over and call the store and say, um, where are you? He says, we're 90 blocks south... So, the internet has the wrong address, but there is another store just 10 blocks east of where I am, so we call them. They can't help so we call another store that is not far. They can't help either. Finally they try to send me to the competitor when I say - but my tires are BIG-O, so I have a warranty. Then it clicks and they give me the warranty dispatch phone number. An hour later the AAA guy shows up, changes my tire, and sends me on my way. I now have to apply for reimbursement for the AAA fee, but even if it never comes, it was totally worth just not being stranded. I am such a DUMB GIRL.... shouldn't I be able to change my own tire?

Tonight I did watch, so I at least kind of now how he lowered the tire from under the truck, and I get the basic concept of lugnuts. Now... maybe I should figure out where my jack is and how it works.... I hate being helpless.

1 comments:

    On 8:49 AM, December 16, 2008 Anonymous said...

    The "Dumb Girl" label isn't given to you for not being able to change a tire. You do earn the title when you thought that it was okay to drive a FLAT tire 10 blocks. haha

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum