Christmas Cards

I, um, didn't so much get all my cards sent this year... So for those of my computer literate friends, I am sorry, but this post will have to serve as your Christmas Card.


Friends, Family, Countrymen :)

It is hard to believe it has been an entire year since I sat down to write this letter the last time. It feels like everything has changed and yet remains the same.
It seems this year was a year of firsts.
It was the first time mom flew over the ocean :) I was invited to go on a reward trip with work. So Mom and I were able to go to Hawaii! It was so much fun. We were able to attend the temple and go to the Polynesian Cultural Center, as well as drive around the island. I can hardly wait to go back and see everything else. There was just so much!
It was the first time I flew first class (for more than an hour) – also for work, but I went to the Philippines. I bought my first pearls and have now met everyone on my team. Being alone in an airport where English is an official language only by law, was quite an experience. The shopping was lots of fun, but again – SO MUCH to do. I definitely need to go back; maybe with less work to do.
It was my first time preparing for a hurricane and praying I am able to get out of town before it hits. I was in Baton Rouge the week before Gustav moved through the gulf. I have a new respect for the people who live knowing those storms are coming through every year and are able to stay and thrive.
I planted my first garden. I also learned a lot about snails. They ate more of my garden than I did, but for next year I am ready :) I know it is silly, but salsa made from your own tomatoes and peppers really does taste even better than normal.
Cannon sold his first pig. It was a good experience, that mom is pretty sure she never wants to repeat, but I am still pretty sure she won’t say no when he asks again.
It was the first time Mom and I have made jam - all by ourselves. If I must say so, it turned out most excellent. If we ever run out of it, we have even learned a few things to make it even better next time.
It was the first time I turned 30… and whether or not it will be the last has yet to be determined.
In September, Daniel and MinDee had their first baby. Cannon’s new little brother is Trayson. He is growing like a weed. :)

I must admit though, I guess my very favorite first this year is something that will only happen once. I got my first engagement ring! John and I will be wed as soon as the government decides to process our paper work. So next year is also set up to be a year of firsts and we are super excited about all of them!

May this season be one of happiness for all! Merry Christmas!
~~ Nicole

2 comments:

    You have definetly had a very busy year! Im so excited about the wedding. I hope all the paper work goes through VERY soon! Love ya lots!

     

    Merry Christmas! Don't know if I'll get cards out or not this year, they definitely won't be for Christmas. Love ya!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum