It's been kind of an interesting week. Wednesday I went home to attend my great uncle's funeral. It was a lovely service for a great man. I learned a lot about him, which is unfortunate that it takes a funeral to get to know people. I also learned that he and my grandpa also have a sister and another brother. The other brother has been gone for a while, but the sister is still living. Yeah, I have an aunt I've never known about. Families are an interesting thing.

I came back to SL on Friday, which means I missed Mom's Christmas party, but I did avoid the storm (thanks, Kel). The snow is beautiful. The thing about SLC winters is that they are really good about cleaning the snow off the roads. It doesn't always happen same day, but you can bet if there is 2 days with out snow, the roads will be clean.

Saturday night I was the fortunate recipient of Matt's extra ticket for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It was amazing. We forget when we hear them on the radio or CD just how awesome the choir really is. They also brought in 2 special guests, Brian Stokes Mitchell and Edward Herrmann. Brian Stokes Mitchell was, wow. His voice was entrancing. I couldn’t not enjoy it. I had not been familiar with a lot of his other work, but I did know him from Frasier and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air… Edward Herrmann I knew from Gilmore Girls…. I watch too much TV…. ANYWAY… it was really a good good night. Good, like I am going to have to buy new CDs good. Thanks, Matt!

1 comments:

    Hey Nicole. Just wanted to say hi and merry christmas.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum