Thanksgiving Eve

I am pretty sure that tomorrow is my 3rd favorite holiday of the year. The 4th of July is my fav, and Christmas is second, so 3rd either has to be Thanksgiving or Easter. It might actually be a tie. The food is better on Thanksgiving (we've never really been Easter Ham makers) but the premise of Easter makes it pretty darn important.... ANYWAY....
Today I am home with the kids. I have a few more days of PTO to burn before the end of the year, so I figured I could stay home today and bake the rolls for tomorrow. Notice the "b"ake not "m"ake. I actually do make an ok roll, but we're lazy, and I am not really in the mood to make enough rolls to feed the 40ish people we're expecting tomorrow - so Mrs Rhodes is our friend. We did the same thing last year, so I figure they must know what they are in for if they keep assigning us the same part of the meal.
I just dropped Tylyn and Cannon at Kyla's birthday party. Heather decided to get sick this morning, so she is sitting at home with me watching PBS. Anywho, it's pretty quiet around here now. I was going to hang the rest of mom's Christmas lights on the garage, but it's bitter nasty cold out side, so I am putting it off. It's these bitter nasty days that remind me why I don't mind so much living a few hours south of here. We still get the cold, but not nearly as much, and not nearly as long.

OK, well I should probably take advantage of the down time and get something accomplished. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! (And if it's not Thanksgiving where you are - give thanks anyway. I don't think there is a day where we can possibly do too much of that)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum