India - Part 3

The difference between office cleaning crews – in my home office I can leave just about anything, food, money, etc, on my desk and fully expect it to still be there when I come the next day. Last night, I left a bag of mini candy bars that I brought to share with the teams here. When I got here today, 3/4 of the full bag I left had been consumed. Lol, it’s not a big deal at all, and I am completely amused by it.
Random thoughts
~ I am in an office on floor 5 (or, the 6th story for anyone who lives in a country where there isn’t a floor 0) and there is a very large rodent trap in the corner. I guess they do live on every floor, but it just seems like they shouldn’t be an issue this high up.
~Last night, my car to work smelled like grandma style rose scented lotion
~I got really funny looks from the wait staff this morning when I was dipping my toast into my hot chocolate. Also, the hot chocolate was really tasty, a little sweeter than at home.
~I’ve been in the country for 4 days and I still have no local currency and have taken only 4 pictures.
~I tried out the hotel bakery this morning. I will not need to visit there again. While the sweet was great, there is nothing that tastes good enough to ruin the hard work I’ve put into to trying to change.
~The nokia ring tone is annoying in any country, but I find it amusing that here it is played on a different “instrument” here.
I went to dinner with the WFM managers tonight. They are hilarious. It reminds me of a time when my team and I were actually in the same place, and makes me a bit envious. Dinner was great. We went to a place called Barbeque Nation. It’s the Indian version of Rodizio Grill– EXCEPT – the endless supply of grilled chicken, fish, lamb, shrimp, and cheese and potatoes and mushrooms and corn and and and is JUST THE APPETIZER. I had a bit of the main course buffet just to say I did… about a fork full of everything… in the name of exploration. I did however pass completely on the dessert buffet. The team did encourage me to try the sweet that was brought to the table. In English it’s called “round, round, round, stop” It’s basically a very thin batter, that is drizzled into hot oil in the pattern of round, round, round, stop – then while it’s hot, dropped into a sugar syrup. So basically it turns into a bite of pure sugar. One was amazing, but 2 probably would have put me into diabetic shock, and I am not even a diabetic. It’s a week of fasting here, which means many people have given up meat and alcohol for a week. It is kind of nice not to be the only one not drinking :) at least for this weekend :)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum