India Part 1

It’s kind of strange the things you notice. For instance, I noticed that the water bottles at the hotel come with caps that cannot be made to look unopened once they are twisted (which I appreciated as water bottles were on the list of things to be aware of). I noticed only 3 cows on the drive from the airport to the hotel. Seeing cows on the road is a pretty normal thing for me, but it is less normal when they are on the freeway. Plus, these were classic Indian looking cows, which I think is cool. I thought it was interesting that the hotel arranged an “in room” check in for me. I am pretty sure they think it’s a luxury, but I would much rather just give them my information at the front desk. That being said, the hotel is lovely, and I think tomorrow I will check out the bakery. :)
I’m still trying to figure out my driver. Yesterday he came to pick me up before anyone actually called him, or at least before anyone confirmed the time. Today we confirmed a time, but he was there 45 minutes late. I do enjoy the ride to work. There are just SO many people to watch, and today as we came in there were many school children on the roads – yes, on – so that was fun to watch as well. I did have to laugh a little. There was a boy, probably 8 or 9, who was walking with a bright pink Hello Kitty backpack. It looked new, so I don’t think it was a hand me down, and you could tell by the look on his face that he hated that thing, and would trade it for a black or blue or green backpack in a heartbeat. I would have traded him but all I had was a purple laptop bag. I’m pretty sure that would not be seen as an improvement.
The people I have met are really great. I will probably tell you more about them… but for now, it is bed time.

1 comments:

    Sounds awesomely Indian! I can't wait to see all of the pictures!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum