India - Part 2

Today I actually kind of feel like I am really here. I can actually get around the building with out getting lost (now if we can just get my access card working), I’ve gotten the hang of the hotel, and I kind of even have the driver figured out so that Shobhit won’t have to give me a ride home tonight. I love that these guys work most of their day before my other responsibilities are starting to wake up. It has given me a chance to really give most of my time to being here and understanding what it is I am here to try and help with. I spent most of the “morning” (1pm -5pm) out on the floor with the real time team. Some things are the same, no matter what – I think floor management is one of them. I am excited because I think there are a few things I think we can knock out for them pretty quick. I am gaining a lot of education from the WFM managers. I think I will hang out with the team tomorrow and see what we can see and I am way looking forward to tomorrow night – they are taking me out :) I think you can learn more about a person in one evening outside of work than months in the office.
Today I also got my first actual Indian food… I love Indian food, and Indian food IN India- well, it really is that much better. It’s like the difference between a Big Mac in England vs a Big Mac in the US… The poor UK burger doesn’t have a chance. Amit assigned Shobhit to make sure I get fed while I am here. Shobhit then assigned me to one of the TAs. For breakfast I had a Masala Dosa and lunch was Butter Chicken. Do NOT let the name fool you, it was not a piece of chicken with butter – more along the lines of a chicken curry or tiki masala. I have also been assigned a friend for my weekend trip to Agra. I was willing to do it alone, but I am actually very pleased that I won’t have to. My luck, I would totally get separated from the tour group and miss my bus back. I have most of the call center figured out – not most of the country ;)

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum